Implications Of Yahoo-MSFT merger

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:16:57 MST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 12:52 PM, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Without a doubt- the Linux world just made a major shift towards all
> things Google.  I would be interested to know if Yahoo is moving to
> .NET.
>
>  Any other prognostications out there?

I interviewed with Yahoo in December at the Santa Clara office, which
would have been a web app sec position working for a guy who works
with Rasmus.  The interview went fine, but then there was a huge
problem stirring.  The recruiter and HR were flustered, and I think
they knew at that time that Yahoo was going to lay off all those
people, so they apologized for wasting my time.  I even got a nice
email from them say, "we are so sorry, but things have been hectic
around here...we messed up...blah blah blah...etc..."  It was a really
weird atmosphere too.  Almost like the guy I interviewed with knew I
was interviewing for a position that was never going to be available.
He forgot to greet me at the receptionist, and I waited for over an
hour.  They sent me to the wrong office, I called back, they told me I
was in the right office.  It was a very interesting experience...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."