How To Measure Linux Proficiency?

Technomage-hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 00:43:21 MST 2008

Steve, it sounds like a methodology that should be applied a lot more
Unfortunately, most of the HR people these days have very little clue about
what an admin's job might entail. It would probably be very helpful of there
were more folks (like you) in an HR division of any company than not. It
would certainly weed out the no-nothings who would sap resources while taking
both oxygen and free space.

On Thursday 31 January 2008 16:54, steve crandell wrote:
> I've been banging my head against this very issue on and off for a
> couple years now.
> Based on my own experience and that of others gained through some less
> than perfect hires (and the problems created thereby) I now use this
> method:
 <snipped only for brevity>