IT Software/Hardware Asset Management Suggestions

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 08:26:28 MST 2008

I need to get some sort of asset management going, Right now i have
been looking at and considering GLPI
(http://glpi-project.org/spip.php?lang=en) but it does not seem to
have ready Bar Code interactivity available. I also am stuck with the
fect we will have an AD domain and i would like to coordinate the
domain space with my asset userbase.

In a perfect world i would like some level of hardware/network health
monitoring and the like.

Has anyone even heard of anything that combines all this, or even a
mix and match combination that will talk to eachother?

I really don't care about platform as much, but i would prefer to keep
it on a Linux box.

If the above doesn't ring bells suggestions on what tools you use to
track network inventory both soft and hard would be appreciated.

(i also have a nagios install, and have been able to get it to talk to
a vista machine to watch it and some of its services)

Stephen