Migrating HDs on remote server

Sir Light sirlight at cox.net
Mon Dec 22 15:03:48 MST 2008

Erich,

I think you still have to do the "grub-install /dev/hdc" because it does more than write that boot sector.

An easy way to do it would be to do a "chroot /newdrive/newroot". Before doing this, make sure you setup some like /newdrive/newroot and /newdrive/newroot/boot with the right partitions mounted on them... then do the chroot, then do the grub-install and you shoudl be set to go.

Jon