What happens to initramfs after boot?

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Dec 18 16:21:45 MST 2008

Thanks!   :)
But just to clarify, initrd is not initramfs.
For what I have read, they are pretty similar, but also have fundamental
differences.  I ditched initrd because initramfs is here to replace it, so I
haven't looked at it carefully.
But again, for what I have read, and being unfamiliar with both, I would not
assume any behaviour on either given the one in the  other.

See:
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/filesystems/ramfs-rootfs-initra
mfs.txt

It's kindda cool though...   :)
Enrique

PS: I still don't know if the memory gets released after the boot.
I'll post here my whole kernel enchilada after I am done.
It's a little bit crude, but it works...   :)