Special Installfest?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 14:21:44 MST 2008

der Hans asked me to resend this to the discussion list.  It
originally had a letter attached which was too big for the list and it
was bounced so I've left that letter off.

Ed Zarr asked me to find out if PLUG might want to run an Installfest
one or both of February 7 and 8 at UAT.  The Association of Personal
Computer User groups which normally holds a single conference each
year in Las Vegas is changing this year.  They will be holding
regional conferences instead.  What they refer to as region 9 includes
AZ, NM, NV, and UT.  That conference will be 2/7-8/2009 at UAT.  The
attached document is the letter he sent me to follow up our
conversation.

PLUG is so informal I was not sure who all to mention this to.  If we
are interested in doing this we should tell them soon for planning
purposes.  I think we should also give them some guidelines to pass to
users who might want to take advantage.  I will volunteer to work the
installfest though I would like to have company so we can roam the
conference also.  I can also put together some guidelines or steal
Alexander's.  I think I would also ask them if we might use our normal
room for this.

What do you think and who else should we get involved on this?

The installfest would be at the APCUG conference to be held 2/7-8 at
UAT.  If we had to limit it to one day I am sure we could.

To do this we need some volunteers and we need to let them know soon
so arrangements can be made and it can be published by APCUG prior to
the event.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and