OT: Linux - Stop holding our kids back

dorian.monroe at cox.net dorian.monroe at cox.net
Wed Dec 10 10:28:32 MST 2008

Just to defend teachers, many are not as technically savvy as most on this list.  Sure they may not understand the concept of FOSS (entirely different acronym than my wife is familiar with in Science, btw. Related to her curriculum).  They've got more to deal with than kids passing out linux disks, which should be done during their free/non-instruction time and not in the classroom.  The teacher mentioned that she used Linux in college, and yes it has advanced astronomically since that time in ease of use and in the amount of useful quality software that is available.  True, true...  This demonstration by the student was a disruption in the classroom and was handled appropriately.  Just the same as if someone was showing off a new iPod or cell phone in class.

Personally I believe that this blog is false.  I think it was made up just to spark a FOSS/MS debate, just like this one we're having now!  :)   Just smells a little fishy to me...