calendar volunteers needed

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Dec 9 06:58:35 MST 2008

I am not familiar with Drupal based sites, but is there a way to set up the
calendar so it automatically sends an email announcement of events?

I manage a couple of Plone based sites, and there are Python scripts that
send an email to members when an event is added or changed on the calendar.
The members add the events themselves to the calendar (workflow rules
require review before publishing the event) and then the email is sent when
the event is published. An email is automatically sent to the designated
reviewers when someone submits a new event for the calendar. No one has to
look for events/announcements, it is more of a push system that informs the
right folks when something has to be done.

Perhaps someone who knows Drupal can find out if there are workflow rules
that can be adapted to handle some of the load? I know very little about
Drupal, so I am just thinking out loud.

Mark