calendar volunteers needed

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Dec 8 14:24:02 MST 2008

Am 08. Dez, 2008 schwätzte Lisa Kachold so:

> I am not sure which calender module or customization from looking here.  Certainly upgraded modules or Drupal version can be implemented for automation.

Automation is a good option :). Yes, we can update Drupal and/or add
different modules. Most important to begin with is that we consistently
get updated info on the web site.

The OpenStreetMap activity over the weekend didn't make it to the site at
all. That's a shame as it's just the type of 3rd party activity we should
be promoting.

Lisa's been doing a great job in promoting the Hackfest meetings! We need
to do the same for our other activities.

> I think the point Hans was making was he was already strapped with duties and can't manage it, so whoever takes it on can, with time and demonstrated commitment, upgrade it as needed.

Yes, I need to be able to rely on calendar and web site updates. We all
do. For that, we need some volunteers to maintain them.

We had one person doing almost all of our calendar updates for the last
couple of years. He did a great job, but he is no longer in a position to
dedicate time towards maintaining the calendar. His doing such a good job
actually got us into a position of not having a fallback because he was so
reliable. For that reason I think we need at least 2 or 3 people
maintaining the calendar and web site.

It doesn't take much time as I believe we've never had more than 10 events
in a month. Currently we have 5 regular monthly events plus the two
Stammtische.

Interesting quote that came up in my random sig this time :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that
#  he should be able and willing to pull his weight."  -- Theodore Roosevelt