[Discuss] call for local committee (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Dec 7 22:56:07 MST 2008

moin moin,

please let everyone know that we're ready to start planning a new
ABLEconf. This time it will not be in the Valley.

http://www.ABLEconf.com/node/23

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Backups are irrelevant. Only restorals matter." -- der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 02:27:16 -0700 (MST)
From: der.hans <ABLEconf+discuss at LuftHans.com>
To: discuss at lists.ABLEconf.com
Subject: [Discuss] call for local committee

moin moin,

we need to get the next local committee up and running in order to put on
a conference in the spring.

This is a call for proposals for local committee. We want to avoid
Phoenix, but any other part of the state is open.

We have several requirements of a local committee in order to win the bid
for the next ABLEconf.

. 7 active volunteers, must stay active with progress for a month
. contact matrix, 10 national orgs, 20 local orgs, contacts for half
. location that can handle 5 presentation rooms and 200 attendees
. 1 financial sponsor
. 1 local media sponsor

The local committee needs to show that it has active volunteers. The
volunteers don't have to be local, but they have to be dedicated to making
the event a success for the local committee.

The contact matrix is a table listing organizations that will be
contacted for different promotional reasons. Think about where we should
look for presenters and other volunteers. Media outlets are valid
organizations for this table.

I might already have a financial sponsor. It would be compelling for the
bid that has a local sponsor with a commitment of at least $250.

A media sponsor is a media organization that will help promote the event.
There are several podcasts that would help. Better yet would be a local
radio station, paper or TV station.

Now that I've got you excited about doing all of this work for free :), you
might ask how you get started.

Initially we need a list of names for the volunteers. Please not in he bid
submission if someone is volunteering no matter where the next event will
be held.

After the bid is registered we'll start working on getting the other items
and listing them on the wiki.

The first ABLEconf went well, but the second one can easily be even bigger
and better.

Plus, if we get dates and location lined up in time we can promote it at
SCaLE.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down
#  by the mind before you reach eighteen."  -- Albert Einstein