PLUG east side and December events

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Dec 4 02:00:59 MST 2008

moin moin,

there will be no devel meeting tonight. Next devel meeting is in February.

The east side meeting next Thursday is our annual end of year party.

We encourage bringing family and friends. This is a social event with no
presentations.

We will have some giveaways including some new Free Software comics.

I am bringing several boxes of old hardware. What doesn't get taken that
night will be at a scrap yard shortly thereafter. Much of it is junk, but
there should be some working CD drives, SCSI cables and maybe SCSI cards,
various video cards and other things that might actually be worth using.

We also encourage bringing some food to share.

No alcohol because the meeting is at a school.

The security lab a week from Saturday will be online only. We will be
using a Hamachi VPN to test on. See Lisa's postings on the Hackfest for
more information.

I'm not yet sure about the status of the Installfest as the Ubuntu LoCo's
release party has been pushed back into January.

The west side meeting will not be happening this month.

Both Stammtische will be happening.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "This country has nothing to fear from the crooked man who fails. We put
#  him in jail. It is the crooked man who succeeds who is a threat to this
#  country." -- Theodore Roosevelt, Memphis, TN, 25Oct1905