PostgreSQL vs. MySQL, was: MySQL premium services?

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Wed Dec 3 15:06:42 MST 2008

Eh,  my last experience with setting up replication with postgres was
not very fun. I have used Slony, and pgcluster, and pgpool. Setting up
reliable replication with MySQL is a snap, and doesn't require any extra
tools or daemons.

In the past the biggest advantage of postgres over mysql was that
postgres supported triggers, views, etc.  But since MySQL 5 I'm not sure
what postgres has that MySQL does not.

If anything phpMyAdmin is 10 times more useful than pgmyadmin  :-)

-Charles