PostgreSQL vs. MySQL, was: MySQL premium services?

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 14:58:24 MST 2008

  you know I do see many of the advantages with Postgres, but the
information is patchy.  Can you link me some dependable comparisons?  Many
claim that MySQL is faster.

  Its not for a personal project, I need to provide real justification to
management.  The PostGIS extension is one of the major gains on the Postgres
side, but MySQL is catching up there.

  -jmz