Directory Permissions

Mike Hoy mhoy06 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 13:28:25 MST 2008

I'm pretty new at Linux still and I am confused about directory
permissions. I'm trying to upload products to our website here at work
(Linux Server Cent OS). It says a certain directory lacks write
permissions.

I wanted to see what the permissions were on it so I did a ls -l, but
that shows the contents of the directory (and it's huge, full of
images).

Then I want to give write access to that directory. Is it CHMOD that I
need to use here?

Any feedback appreciated. Gotta get these products uploaded and fast!

--
Mike Hoy