Webcam on Kubuntu

plug plug at eastmond.org
Sun Aug 31 08:38:51 MST 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 07:56 -0700, wayne wrote:
> Just bought a Logitech QuickCam Communicate MP.
>
> Would love to actually "communicate" with it, but it appears this may
> not be possible.
>
> It is a nice one - USB, 1.3 Megpix with a built in Mic
>

> A)   Any get one of these to work?  How?   Unlike other USB devices,
> this is totally ignored when I plug it in.

I have a Logitech QuickCam Communicate Deluxe that is working great on
the latest Kubuntu (video and microphone). Skype configured it correctly
without any tweaking required on my part. I recommend you install Skype
and then test out the video to see if Skype is able to get it to work -
check under Options -> Video Devices -> Test. Hope that helps.

Tom