KDE 4 and Kubuntu?

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 17:40:52 MST 2008

The only annoyance I noticed with Grub is that I have dual boot and I can't boot into the other OS automatically from KDE (pull down on restart with OS choice) this works in KDE 4.0 though so I guess it has to do with kdm's not playing nicely.

I had some problems with my old nvidia card. Tried to get google earth to work and I got all kinds of warnings. I downloaded envygn-core and that solved all my nvidia problems as I take it envygn builds the proper drivers and kmdls for your system. Also fixed my screen shift to.

The bug I've noticed on Konqueror with all distros is if you do a search and you hit refresh it sometimes crashes and kwrite won't work. This stinks if you doing work as root (kdesu) because then it makes you logout and back in.

I have no problems with Samba as I'm sharing folders and printers between WinXP and Ubuntu. When I first used it on my old distro, I found it complicated as I was trying to make it harder than it was.