Direct web traffic based on geographical region (IP range?)

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Tue Aug 19 20:31:10 MST 2008

Try the location services API's from one of the sites that provide IP->Geo lookups (avoid Ipiligence, their results are uniformly wrong IME).  Just send their IP address from the HTTP request to the service, and you'll get geolocation that you can use to serve specific content, just make sure you allow the user to switch, since sometimes the results of IP->Geo translations put people in very wrong places (like some users in Chicago who show up as being in Sri Lanka...)