XFCE weirdness

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Tue Aug 19 10:50:37 MST 2008

I built all the X.org packages and all the required XFCE packages and
everything built and installed properly.

I started X by running startx, which loads twm and several xterm windows, the
clock, and it works just fine. However, when I replace the twm stuff in my
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc file with startxfce4, XFCE starts up just fine, but I
cannot move any windows!

Everything seems to work okay except I cannot move any windows, whether by
clicking on the title bar or by holding down ALT. I can however hold down ALT
and right click and resize my windows.

Anyone ever heard of this? I cannot find anything about it on google. It's just
not my friend today.

Thanks

Nathan