Looking for ways to limit access to a Windows Program

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Aug 18 17:42:51 MST 2008

I have a daughter who is spending too much time on WoW (World of
Warcraft). I am looking for suggestions for the following:

1. ways to monitor usage of WoW
2. ways to set limits on the amount of time it is available - i.e. 1
hour/day M-F.

WoW runs on Windows XP and uses TCP and UDP on port 3724. My router
(Linksys BEFSX41) will only limit ports on a schedule (i.e. Friday 5-7
PM) and not on usage.

I have found one program called KidsWatch (http://www.kidswatch.com/)
that looks like it will do what I want.

I am wondering if there are other solutions that some of you have used,
or if anyone has used Kidswatch before.

Thanks!

Mark