Session Time Out

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Aug 16 15:01:01 MST 2008

Am 16. Aug, 2008 schwätzte farli so:

> I am running Mandrake SNF as a firewall for three other systems.  I had
> phone problems (Qwest and rain do not mix).  Now that the phone line is
> back up, none of the other systems are able to log into the firewall
> system to connect to the internet.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might try to repair the firewall?

If the connection was down for a while and the firewall gets its IP
address via DHCP you might need to restart networking. If the firewall
rules are specific to an IP and your IP has changes you might need to
restart them for the new IP address.

sudo iptables -nL
sudo iptables -nL -t nat

Can you ping out from the firewall? Connect to those other boxen?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  Learn OpenOffice.org - http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/BPC110.html
#  Intelligence without compassion is a waste.  -- der.hans