DNS wierdness and cox communications -DAN Kamisky Sensationalizes what Every HOSTMASTER already knows!

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Aug 15 20:29:46 MST 2008

Dan Kaminsky gave a great presentation at DefCon 16 (which I couldn't get into see - standing room only).

You can go to his site and read all about it.

http://www.doxpara.com/

There is even a fine DNS jscript "Check my DNS" button on the right side of the page!

And for those of you who appreciate humor:  http://flickr.com/photos/fakedankaminsky

But, really, every DNS admin, systems administrator and hostmaster well know how random ports, recursion, insecure secondaries, and forwarders create issues for DNS tunneling, DNS poisoning and DNS hijacking - it's a bit ironic that now someone with their shingle hung out as a "security researcher" has the ability to foster industry changes?

"The only limiting factor of the Linux operating system, is his user."  - Linux Tordahl

iCrossing.com || (503)754-4452 Blackberry || Obnosis.com