GCC C/C++ application to run on Windows

Francois, Jean (J.L.) jfranc46 at ford.com
Fri Aug 15 11:14:14 MST 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:02:20AM -0700, keith smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of writing a small application that can run on both Linux
and Windows written in GCC C/C++ that will utilize MySql running on
Linux .

> Initially I need the application to run on Windows XP or Vista and
connect to the Linux box to access MySql.

> Is it possible to write an application using GCC that will run both on
Linux and Windows?? If so what should I be looking into?

> Is there a better approach?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Keith

- Compile on Linux with GCC
- Compile on MS-Windows after installing CYGWIN[1] with GCC
- Test.

[1]  http://www.cygwin.com/

--
JLF Sends...