Wiki/Apache Issues

GK gm5729 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 15:50:21 MST 2008

Okay here is an update. Apache was totally borked on that last install. More
like PHP was because that ended up being my main problem. With a nice and
fresh Lenny install using the Lenny installer and not the Etch one and
upgrading it seems like all is nice and stable. I now have a fully
functioning TikiWiki :) Whoo hooooo......

HOWEVER,

My network setup is such that I am on someone elses network. So.... i MUST use
8080 instead of 80 and the main router/modem forwards to my router which is
were my part of the network sits. I can access my TikiWiki through localhost
fine. AND others can access vampypengy.ath.cx from outside fine. BUT I get a
can't connect to host error. It appears I need to set up BIND on the server I
run to handle the forwarding of DNS properly. The Admin Guide for BIND is
well written by Debian. The only thing is something must have changed between
Lenny and Etch because the first command.. bindconfig does NOT work. And when
I installed the BIND packages there were no config options even presented ..
i e curses dialog boxes. So any takers to help with this? I am way over my
head but learning how to do networks and servers and all kinds of fun toys.

Vi^3PP

--

------- GPG signed

Many individuals and organizations around the
globe have developed international cross platform
protocols to support your freedoms and ideas.
Please support Open Standards for software and
hardware with cross platform ISO standards and not
proprietary formats from monopolies and the
associated vendor lockin. If you are a Windows user
protect yourself from various known software
vulnerabilities that allow virii, malware, adware,
trojans, etc., and use Firefox/Mozilla with
NoScript for web browsing and not Internet Explorer.
HTML emails, Microsoft DOC(X)/XLS(X) formats are
not acceptable to send me. Please enclose inline or
by attachment with RTF, TXT, DJVU or PDF formats.
Thank You.

This email generated by a Linux Operating System
and accompanying software. Encryption of data and
emails is encouraged and welcomed with GnuPG.