backup apps

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Tue Aug 12 10:58:42 MST 2008

I'm looking for backup software that doesn't back up the empty space on
the drive. Also, I would like it to be able to make incremental backups.
Dump (dd) seems to back up everything, empty or not. Not what I'm looking
for. I looked at tar but am unsure about the incremental use. I've tried
Clonezilla but it's giving me problems which the guys on the
Clonezilla-users list are trying to work out. Can anyone suggest anything
else?

This is for use on a single desktop box with an external HD for backup.
CLI is preferred but GUI is O.K.

Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman