Aug east side topics

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Aug 11 12:38:53 MST 2008

moin moin,

we've got a bunch lined up for this month.

Meeting starts at 19:00.

Topic: Defcon 16
Presenter: Lisa Kachold

Lisa will show a very short movie of Defcon 16 highlights - narrated.

Topic: Basic Linux System Lock Down
Presenter: Lisa Kachold

We will focus on Ubuntu, Fedora Core (Redhat) and generic Linux raw build
security system lock down. Content will scale to server lockdown (so if
Administration is your focus this is a basic foundation/overview) ; we
will cover safe Linux desktop system utilization in today's challenging
security world and changing networks.

Topic: Ubuntu Desktop Class, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training
Presenter: der.hans

This month we will start going through chapter 3, "Using the Internet".

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  Learn OpenOffice.org - http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/BPC110.html
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans