Apache2 issue on Ubuntu 8.04

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 07:14:58 MST 2008

Sure. I installed an open source piece of software on my local PC for testing (PhpBB3) and when I installed it the program automatically set the path. This was a few months ago so I forgot that I installed the program via localhost so PhpBB3 automatically used this as the base URL.

When I went to the index.php, PhpBB3 automatically read the path and redirected to localhost thus when I tried using phpBB3 over the network it wouldn't work. I simply went into the path file and changed localhost to 192.168.0.8 and everything worked.