cox news feed provider

Sir Light sirlight at cox.net
Fri Aug 8 16:51:26 MST 2008

Let's try this again....

If one do a nslookup on news.west/east.cox.net, it would get this...
 nslookup news.west.cox.net
Server:         192.168.1.10
Address:        192.168.1.10#53

Non-authoritative answer:
news.west.cox.net       canonical name = cox-west.svc.highwinds-media.com.
cox-west.svc.highwinds-media.com        canonical name = newsfarm.iad.highwinds-media.com.
Name:   newsfarm.iad.highwinds-media.com
Address: 69.16.185.247
Name:   newsfarm.iad.highwinds-media.com
Address: 69.16.185.250

Hmmm.... highwinds-media.com is supplying the news for cox.net users.

Jon