How to run a script at startup?

Mike Garfias mike at garfias.org
Wed Aug 6 13:55:40 MST 2008

to make chkconfig work you need this stuff at the top of the script:

#!/bin/bash
#
# kudzu		This scripts runs the kudzu hardware probe.
#
# chkconfig: 345 05 95
configures \
#		changed hardware.

Why symlinks don't work, I have no idea, unless you're not symlinking
with the correct name:

/etc/init.d/example -> /etc/rc2.d/K99example (stop on the way down) & /
etc/rc3.d/S99example (start)