Unable to change sshd port

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 19:24:11 MST 2008

Hi PLUG,

I'm messing with SSHD and want to change the port.  According to everything I read it is as easy as uncommenting the Port in /rtc/sshd_config and setting it to whatever I want.  I tried 2200 and 8888.  Either worked.  I did restart the SSHD.  I even rebooted the server.

I'm running Fedora 5 on a private IP and connecting with Putty.  I can connect using putty on port 22 if SSHD is in original state.

When I change the Port I get a message from Putty saying "Network Error : No Route to Host".

Any help much appreciated.

Keith

Keith Smith