OT: box.net backup

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Tue Aug 5 17:38:39 MST 2008

For Linux, I have a custom script that uses either NFS or SSH to rsync
files to a remote server.  For Windows, I use Karen's Replicator
(freeware - google for it), which works like rsync to a remote file
server.  In my case, that remote server is a Linux box running ssh, nfs,
and samba.

The good: Easy to use; easy to set up; easy to restore; free.

The bad: No point-in-time restores; no versioned backups.

Cheers.

George Toft, CISSP