Virtual Dedicated Server has not /dev/net - Problem withOpenVPNdev/net/tun

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 01:37:36 MST 2008

Try chmod 777 or even chown or chgrp it to your userid or group.
That's what I did several years ago when I was using /dev/net/tun.
Pretty much once the device is there (module loaded, or kernel
recognizing tun), the permissions need to be accessible just as if it
were a file.

Thanks,
Dan Lund
It is necessary for him who lays out a state and arranges laws for it
to presuppose that all men are evil and that they are always going to
act according to the wickedness of their spirits whenever they have
free scope.
-Niccolo Machiavelli