Microsoft Helps Police Crack Your Computer

Ben azlobo73 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:36:26 MST 2008

On a similar note:  OSL at MS has a pdf article on using Linux to
recover data from Windows.  Nothing too new in terms of info (albeit a
very handy collection of info to be sure), in fact some of the NTFS
stuff seems a little dated given ntfs-3g, but seeing the Microsoft
banner at the top of a PDF touting the merits of Linux to save the day
when Windows is in need, well that IS kind of interesting.  I'd call
it ironic, but given the quality of people working at OSL coming from
a strong *nix background, it's really not - though I have to admit
that it will be some time before I get used to seeing the company name
atop such publications.

http://port25.technet.com/archive/2007/11/20/technical-analysis-recovering-data-from-windows-systems-by-using-linux.aspx

Ben