OT: notebook shopping

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:05:52 MST 2008

  btw- If youre looking to run Linux exclusively there are a lot more
attractive options.  One general observation I've made about hardware
markets and Linux is that a large portion of the consumer price for
major brand names is to cover *support* costs.  These costs are for
Windows support costs, mainly for the type of people that require help
locating the *Blue E* to get on the interweb.  Most of the people on
this list are not in this category, so why pay for it?  A few
companies here and there are offering alternatives to these costs and
offering attractive products for extremely low price points ($300).
You can then take the remaining $1700 and invest it in the stock
market. :)

  there was this hullabaloo:
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49291844,00.htm

  http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=56501