OT: notebook shopping

Michael March mmarch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 18:33:33 MST 2008

I want to 2nd the Mac recommendations..

Mac's have little touches that make them worth the few extra dollars. Off
the top of my head, here are two things I find make their laptops worth the
dough:

1. Design touches.. I have a Asus gaming laptop right now.. Specs and
performance wise it awesome but its physical design is horrendous. The USB
plugs are all in the back of the laptop (retarded).. its power cord plugs
deeply into the back too.. The other day I tripped over the cord and the
laptop went flying across my desk.. Apples on the other hand have this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagSafe

2. AppleCare.. in my experience its a GREAT warranty service.