Possible Accounting Software Solution

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Apr 19 20:33:17 MST 2008

Am 19. Apr, 2008 schwätzte keith smith so:

> Thanks for your input.  I think what we had discussed 4 ot 6 months ago was the ability to get one's data out.  With the excel export I'm guessing this addresses this issue.

Getting the data out was one of the topics discussed. Do you know if the
export includes all of the data?

Another topic was support for a free and open format that does contain
all of the data. A proprietary binary format clearly does not meet that
particular requirement.

Vaughn, the orginal poster in the thread about getting data back out, was
actually complaining about quickbooks.

Obviously the software works for some people or they'd have no customers,
but several of us on this list are wanting something more than what
quickbooks provides.

Something quickbooks has that I haven't yet been able to find with GNUcash
or SMB Ledger is support from accountants.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/        https://LOPSA.org/
#  "The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own