/ on LVM and rescue

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at member.fsf.org
Sat Apr 19 17:28:06 MST 2008

"der.hans" <PLUGd at LuftHans.com> writes:

> Am 18. Apr, 2008 schwätzte Matt Graham so:
<SNIP>
> I suppose I might have to open up the initrd System Rescue CD uses for
> rescueing and installed system.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --

If you can get to a Grub commandline you can search for and specify the kernel and initrd that you need assuming they exist in /boot.

Michael Jang explains all in a video tutorial at vtc.com. Search for "Red Hat" then click on the "Red Hat Certified Engineer" link and play the video titles "What Can Go Wrong With GRUB". It's one of the free ones so no registration is needed.

Dennisk

--
"Free as in Freedom"
Free Software Foundation