Using WordPress permalinks

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 07:06:21 MST 2008

Thanks Matt,

I read your post.  I'm thinking it is not the theme since both installations 1) on my dev box 2) on hostgator both use the stock theme and the hostgator WordPress works correctly.

Thanks again,
Keith

Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net> wrote: After a long battle with technology, keith smith wrote:
> I'm wanting to learn WordPress and have installed version 2.5 on my dev
> server
>
> Fedora Core 6 php 5+ mysql 5+ (I think)
> The docs say "...mod_rewrite permalinks require Apache's mod_rewrite
> module....".  To use permalinks.  When I change to permalinks  and try to
> access any page except the home page I get a 404 page not found.
>
> I am wondering what might cause this and how I would verify if Apache's
> mod_rewrite module is installed.

http://crow202.dyndns.org:8080/wordpress/?p=6

...seriously, there are some *strange* warts in WordPress.  It works for what
I want, but I'm not doing anything really fancy.  Yet.

--
  Dilbert: Not more than ten minutes ago you beat a man senseless.
  Alice:   He was senseless before I beat him.

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877
PHP Programmer