Using WordPress permalinks

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 20:23:17 MST 2008

Hi PLUG,

I'm wanting to learn WordPress and have installed version 2.5 on my dev server

Fedora Core 6
php 5+
mysql 5+ (I think)

The docs say "...mod_rewrite permalinks require Apache's mod_rewrite module....".  To use permalinks.  When I change to permalinks  and try to access any page except the home page I get a 404 page not found.

I am wondering what might cause this and how I would verify if Apache's mod_rewrite module is installed.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877
PHP Programmer