OT: How to embed an html link in a pdf document

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu Apr 17 13:03:45 MST 2008

.
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Josef Lowder wrote

> Seems like I have seen this before ...
> How can one embed an html link inside a pdf document?
>
> I create pdf documents in Pagemaker, then print the
> documents to a postscript (.ps) file, then use ps2pdf
> to convert the document to PDF.  I then use 'pdftk'
> for various pdf tasks, combine files, etc.  But I
> haven't been able to figure out how to embed a link
> to a web page within a PDF document.

Well, I've found a partial solution, but it still
doesn't work quite right.  By using Open Office, I was
able to create a document with a link to a web page in
it.  However, it only works when the link is the full
URL address.  When I try to rename the link, then the
link only works in the OO document and not in the PDF
file exported from that document.

Hummm ... How can this be corrected?