YUM Install: RE: Red Hat EL4 - Expired Subscription - How to update

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Wed Apr 16 22:30:51 MST 2008

For that mater how can I get yum installed?  I downloaded yum 2.6 source
did make make install and it seemed to go OK, but I get the following
error:

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   cannot import name Errors

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.3.4 (#1, Sep 26 2006, 17:25:54)
[GCC 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-3)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

According to what I can see, it is the correct version of python for
this version of yum.