CentOS for tomorrow as well

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Apr 11 10:28:00 MST 2008

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Mike Schwartz wrote:

>> Yay, someone from my new LUG visiting my old LUG!

When 'der Hans' and I were talking about topics, I gave him a
link to any number of topics I can discuss without further
preparation from my consulting practice:
    http://www.owlriver.com/tips/
which also outlinks to:
    http://www.colug.net/presentations/
and he chose 'CentOS'

I find that LUG people are really interested in 'real world'
work done using Open Source tools for paying customers, and so
'sanitize' work done for customers, publish the sources to
fully meet (surpass actually) GPL obligations at:
    http://www.owlriver.com/projects/ORC/
and write up some presentation notes as documentation and
present at the next LUG my travels take me to.  The page at:
    http://www.colug.net/lugs.php
was initially assembled by me for MY convenience so I can
schedule trips to match local LUG meeting timetables.

> I recall at least one occasion when this CentOS guy (R
> Herrold) attended a West Side PLUG meeting, and his
> knowledge of (in that case) licensing concepts was so great
> that the speaker (wisely I think) relied a lot on audience
> participation, to get optimal benefit from Mr. Herrold's
> knowledge.

I tend to have strong opinions on FOSS and am trained as and
enjoy being an advocate [U Mich Law School ;) -- but as I was
there, I was also writing a LISP to implement RPG II printmask
drivers on a Sycor 340 -- a very early 8080];  I always try to
be respectful to local leaders, and I greatly respect 'der
Hans' efforts on behalf of the Linux / BSD / LOPSA 'nix
community here in the Valley; locals may not know it, but he
casts a long shadow, and I listen as he speaks.

>    I might not attend tonight (I live *way* on the W side...)
> but IMHO it should be very worth while

Hope all had fun.  The 'aftermeeting' lasted another hour in
the parking lot  ;)

-- Russ herrold