How to remove invisible character?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 11:18:26 MST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:35 AM, Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:
> .
>  Thanks to all.  I used dos2unix and that worked fine,
>  but I was also glad to learn about the 'cat -vet' option
>  and the idea of using sed.
>
>  ------------------
>  On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, James Mcphee wrote
>

> > So you have a carriage {CR}{LF} instead of just {LF}.  That's the windows
>  return characters instead of just the unix one.  (Mac uses just the {CR}).
>  >
>  > You can crush that in a couple ways.  The dos2unix utility works fine.  You
>  could also use sed or vi to snip it.  It shows up as a ^M if you cat -vet or
>  do a :set list in vi.

Just curious if you intentionally used the both options to display in
hexadecimal and in octal?  Having  the display come out in octal is
because the 'b' option came after the 'h' option and therefore
overrode it.  No harm done, but thought you should know.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and