CentOS for tomorrow as well

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Apr 10 00:27:22 MST 2008

moin moin,

just added a talk on CentOS for tomorrow as well.

We'll have a review of the FSF annual membership meeting, CentOS and
Splunk>.

http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/node/66

RP Herrold, one of the founders of CentOS, is in town and will give us a
short intro on the scope and purpose of the CentOS distribution.

Mr. Herrold is a principal at Owl River Company
(http://www.owlriver.com/), a high-end Unix consultancy, with strong Open
Source underpinnings. Its principal clientele are firms in the financial
services industry, and ISPs.

He has been active with Linux development since 1994, serves as the editor
of the RPM packaging tool website (the pre-2007 http://rpm.org/,
now removed to: http://oldrpm.org/), and is a principal in and security
matters representative to the Linux distribution, inter-vendor private
vulnerability response and co-ordination group for the cAos
(http://caosity.org/) and CentOS (http://centos.org/) community Linux
distributions.

He is a frequent speaker on Open Source, Unix and Linux, and info-sec
matters; long time leader of the Central OH Linux User Group
(http://colug.net/); and a founder of the cAos [rpm based community
leading edge distribution], and the fast-growing CentOS [community
RHEL-based distribution rebuild].

Starts at 19:00 at Sequoia Charter Schools.

Sequoia Charter School, 1460 S. Horne, Mesa AZ 85204

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1460+S.+Horne,Mesa+AZ&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=33.38908,-111.814213&spn=0.008546,0.015578&z=16&iwloc=

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/        https://LOPSA.org/
# "I have no special talents, I am only passionately