Fedora Core Help

Rhune Lord rhunelord at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 12:35:19 MST 2007

Ok, I have still have the Fed. Core 5 installed but it won't rec the eth0
even after the command Jeremy Miller gave me, and my network is DCHP.

We have all the previous distro's that have failed.

I tried the following site:
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
Fedora-7-Live-i686.torrent<http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents//Fedora-7-Live-i686.torrent>
Fedora
7 Live i686 701M
2007-05-31Fedora-7-i386.torrent<http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents//Fedora-7-i386.torrent>
Fedora
7 i386 2.8G 2007-05-31These have both failed to install with the live cd
showing the same error about the controller as all the other Live CD's.  I
am going to try Craig's --> "linux pci=nomsi all-generic-ide" command in
case the SATA drives, or their controllers are the issue.  The non-live
install stopped at drivers for ACHI, and even when I loaded them from the
disk it did not recognize the hardware.

It should be noted that I set up IDE cabled, and SATA cabled drives on a
desktop box and "every" single disk would install without a hitch, so the
media is not to question, merely the hardware recognition and/or
compatibility with the Notebook.

Now the main reasons I have not given up is many:
1. Linux rules and Tux is my hero.
2. Its what I am going to school at MCC in January to learn and if I can't
help people through installs then what good would I be as a tech.
3. I hate to loose when its a problem that must have a solution, if one
tries hard enough.

Sorry, if I sound like a newb and most of my knowledge is from Windows but I
really want this to work because MCC seems to use Fedora or CentOS for their
operating systems.  That being the case I really want to run one of them so
I get more practice with it.

Thanks for the help given and thanks for continuing to help me.

===========================
Specs:
Dell Inspiron 1520
2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
256MB NVidia 8600M Video Card
160GB Hard Drive (100GB to Vista, 45GB to ext3, and 2GB for swap - actual
total size 149GB)
Broadcom NIC
Dell 1390 Wireless
DVD Burner