OT: Free computer stuff...

Nick Estes nick at nickstoys.com
Sat Sep 29 10:06:43 MST 2007

I have a few items that I would like to get out of my shop to clear some
space.

The first is a 19" computer cabinet.  I haven't measured, but my guess is
that it's about 24U.

I also have some very old computer equipment.  A VAX 11/730 with an
external magnetic tape drive, lots and lots of disc cartridges.  A spare
parts VAX, 2 spare hard drives, terminals, a paper tape punch or two, a
couple teletypes, and a few other misc things that go with it.  It's been
a few years since I've turned it on, but the last time I did, it worked
fine.  I have the admin password, and it's loaded with bravo 3 cad
software.  There is also a TI-980 with an ST-1 terminal that also worked
the last time I tried turning it on, but that has also been a few years.
I would prefer to give it to someone interested in the old hardware, but
if nothing else, the 3 VAX cases are 24U 19" cabinets, and the TI980 is a
42U cabinet, all on wheels.  Please take it all, current space constraints
where it's stored make pulling one piece out of the middle very difficult.

Anyone interested in the later set of equipment would need a very big
truck, and a couple people to help load it up.

Please respond off list.  Thanks.

 	--Nick