OT: Request for speaker

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Thu Sep 27 13:42:05 MST 2007

Austin,
I finally got a chance to review your presentation and it looks very
interesting and informative.  OTOH - I don't mean to be picky, but in
this case most of the audience would be hardware types.  One thing we'd
need for a non-Linux group would be a slide defining the term and/or
introducting the concept of virtualization.  I'm kind of embarrassed to
admit, that though I'm an avid Linux proponent and I've actually used
Vmware and Wine a bit, I wasn't sure what your presentation was about
until I actually viewed the slide show.  I should have figured that out,
but I guess we use the word "virtual" an awful lot in the computer biz,
heh heh. :-) It would also be helpful to have a bit of information about
virtualization options on other OS's. I know that wasn't the thrust of
your talk but most of these guys only know Windows. BTW, I was curious,
since we have some Mac afficionados in our group, how much of this
applies to OSX?  Another question: I haven't used VMWare since Win 98.
Have Microsoft's goofy registration schemes made it difficult to run XP
on Windows? Again, I greatly appreciate your offer, and I don't know how
much free time you have, so I don't want to make a lot of extra work for
you if your busy.  But I do think it would be a good talk for us, with
some allowances for the audience.  So thanks again, and let me know what
you think.
Regards,
Vaughn