OT: Request for speaker

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Wed Sep 26 12:38:18 MST 2007

Hello everyone:
Once again I've found myself in a bind.  I need to find a speaker for my
IEEE consultant's group on Thursday October 11th.  I know that PLUG has
lots of good presenters - for example, Gene Holmerud gave us a very
interesting talk about his Science Bowl project a couple of years ago.
So I'm wondering if anybody might be interested, or know somebody who's
interested. (Yes, unfortunately it's on the same night as the East Side
PLUG meeting.)  The meeting is at the Denny's at Scottsdale and Osborne
at 6:30 PM.  Since we're an engineering group the talk can be pretty
technical.  But we have a fairly wide range of expertise so a very
specific topic like kernel hacking would probably not interest most of
us.  Computer security is always a good topic, as would anything to do
with networking or even forensics.  Benefits:  we pay for the speaker's
meal, and if you're a consultant yourself or looking for work, it's a
good networking opportunity.  The group is small, about 10 people
usually.  We have an electronic projector and screen available.  This
particular Denny's has a nice meeting room with a door so it's not too
noisy.  Any interested parties, please contact me as soon as you can.
Thanks!
Vaughn Treude