moving HDD & new HDD

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Sep 24 16:33:14 MST 2007

Am 24. Sep, 2007 schwätzte betty so:

> I am sooooo happy ! I just moved my linux (RH9) HDD from my old computer
> (whose ps was making way too much noise and i had already replaced it
> once) to a different computer and VOILA! it worked right away. You don't
> know how many times i have done this with a m$ hdd and had nothing but
> problems. (well , maybe you do know).

Yeah, that works really well. Upgrades should be upgrades not
reinstalls :).

> Now i am going to have still a different computer with a blank drive in
> it for my office, i would like to have RH (because i am used to it) and
> still have something new like suse 10.2. Can i just make a partition for
> each one and install them in their own little places?

Yes, you can. You'll need to play a little with grub to get it booting
both systems. The install of the second OS might actually take care of
that for you.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Rock 'n' roll might not solve your problems, but it does let you dance
#  all over them." -- Pete Townsend