Need help with email/contacts/calendars and blackberries

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Mon Sep 24 16:08:09 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 10:47 -0700, Mark Phillips wrote:
> 1. I found that the blackberry can get email from my cox account, and when I
> delete an email on my blackberry, the email is deleted on the cox.net server.
> However, I can't find a setting in kmail or evolution that does the same
> thing - basically leave the email on the cox.net server until I delete it in
> kmail or evolution. They both have options to leave the messages on the
> server, but no way to delete the messages other than from the server itself.
> Am I missing something?

I think this is probably the protocol that you're using.  I don't think
either will do this with POP, but if you use IMAP, at least Evolution
will.  (and actually, it won't delete the messages, only mark them as
deleted so you can see them in your trash on both devices (of course you
can change that too))

		--Ted