need advice/help

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Sep 23 22:26:32 MST 2007

Am 23. Sep, 2007 schwätzte Josh Coffman so:

> when I boot the machine with any bootable disc, the keytboard doesn't
> work at the critical time when you have to press a key to boot the cd.
>
> I've already wiped the drive so I can't just boot up my old linux
> install. I'm going to put ubuntu on it right now, which fortunately
> auto-boots in 30 secs if you don't press a key (because eve at the
> ubuntu boot selection screen I cant use the keybord).

That type of behavoir is really annoying.

I presume you've tried reseating the USB cable. Have you tried a different
USB port? Do you have a port that's attached to a different daughter card
in case the one you're using has gone wonky?

Do you have a USB->PS2 adapter to try?

Do you have a different keyboard to try?

Any changes to the BIOS?

Does the keyboard work without problems once you boot an OS?

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something."
#   -- Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride